Akari (a mother-of-two with this nickname) loves designing, marketing and technology. She has a degree in communication that she would like to use more. She is interested in novelty and technical and social changes and is one of the founders of the Mercatino dei Piccoli web site (small people’s market), in which she mentions unusual items for children and their rooms. Follow her thread – she is Ariadne, after all!
1. Do not underestimate: Your husband, your partner, the father of your child. He can do everything – almost – that you can!
2. Do not overestimate: Yourself. You will have your weaknesses, so go to step 3
3. If you need help: Ask for it, is that clear?
4. You won’t manage without: Falling in love with your little one. Feeling tired. Feeling on top of the world and thinking “this mystery is marvellous.” Wanting some true ME time. Turning round every time you hear a child say ‘mummy’, even if your own child is next to you…
5. My motto for when you are desperate: The darkest hour is just before dawn.
Arianna (Ariadne) – Mercatino dei Piccoli