We all loved the stories of Samantha the witch, married to Darrin Stephens, an ordinary mortal, and the mother of the adorable Tabitha. More than one generation was Bewitched by that TV series, in which a bit of nose twitching solved almost any problem.
Is that why Elisabetta, the mother of three boys, found her so inspiring for her blog?
After all, was there ever a mother who didn’t wish she had a magic wand? Elisabetta describes herself as a “semi-witch, a journalist, an enthusiastic cinema fan, a cyclist braving the streets of Milan.” One thing’s for sure – she gets straight to the point.
1. Do not underestimate: Relatives barging in…
2. Do not overestimate: How much you can cope. You need to rest if you are breastfeeding. Ask someone (your mother, partner/husband, neighbour, friend, anybody!) to help you.
3. If you need help: Everything you need is online
4. You won’t manage without: Having some way of letting off steam! Make sure you have hobbies and interests, other than your children and housework.
5. My motto for when you are desperate: ADELANTE!