Jolanda Restano is a mother of three – a boy and two girls, to be precise. She is also a blogger mum, who talks about her adventures in the MammaCheSpasso (Mum-what-a-laugh) blog.
This intelligent lady had a good idea before anybody else thought of it. Long before setting up a web site was something anybody could do, she collected nursery rhymes and children’s songs and created the digital archive that is now known as Filastrocche.it.
Jolanda knew how to turn all this into a business that made maternity an asset. If you are a mum-to-be, look through her tips – proven to work – and follow her online.
1. Do not underestimate: How relations with relatives (EVERYBODY!) change with respect to you and the baby. Try not to be sucked into the gaping hole that will open once the baby is born!
2. Do not overestimate: Yourself. Do not try to do everything perfectly, do not plan every fine detail, do not waste time planning. There is one thing that having children has taught me – precise plans and time frames are useless! Do some organising, but don’t over do it.
3. If you need help: Speak to another mum! Or look for an online community of mums, where advice is given by women who know what it is like to be a present-day mum.
4. You won’t manage without: A camera! No matter how many photographs you take, they will never be enough!
5. My motto for when you are desperate: NEVER forget you are the best mum your child can have – and your child knows it.