Barbara’s is one of the most popular blogs (a blog that is almost a portal) among net-surfing mothers. Visit the blog for ideas and projects of all kinds – recipes, games, indoor activities, arts and crafts… They all come garnished with common sense and a pinch of irony. Barbara’s ambitions do not include being a perfect mother, but she is certainly determined to be a happy one!
So where can you find better advice on how to get off on the right foot as you start the fantastic (and energy-consuming) parenting adventure?
1. Do not underestimate: Your partner/husband. Learn that he can help and expect him to do so unconditionally. You are both parents and must be able to replace each other if necessary.
2. Do not overestimate: Your strength. You are not Wonderwoman and you have just given birth to a baby. Rest, smile, eat, sleep and do not set yourself impossible targets.
3. If you need help: Ask for it in a loud voice, don’t just think it would be nice to have some. Nobody can read your mind but everybody can give you what you need – if you learn to ask for it.
4. You won’t manage without: Making mistakes, so get used to it. All mothers make mistakes – that’s life. Be the best you can but learn to forgive yourself if something goes wrong.
5. My motto for when you are desperate: Happiness is free and can be found in lots of little things you can indulge in. If you don’t like your life, the only way you can be happy is by changing it.