When a child is born a mother is born too. What a pity that, despite hundreds of very useful books, babies don’t come with a set of instructions (and probably won’t in the future, either). We asked mothers, bloggers and friends to give us some ‘emotional’ tips instead of practical tips (‘better go for bodies that do up at the bottom’ and the like were not what you wanted to hear…). We hope you will find them useful!
I will play host this week, so here we go. Here are my five essential tips on how to survive motherhood.
1. Do not underestimate: childbirth is not everything – once that is over, you have a child for life
2. Do not overestimate: The advice of people with lots of kids – just because they have more than you do, their children are not necessarily like yours.
3. If you need help: Google a specific problem online. If you need other human beings, go to a children’s centre, there are opening all over the place.
4. You won’t manage without: scores of rain covers, you will be loosing them all the time.
5. My motto for when you are desperate: Keep calm and carry on.